The Washington Art Association & Gallery accepts Proposals on a rolling basis throughout the year and in all media: painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, photography, digital art and mixed media. You may submit your artwork as a "general proposal." All artwork submitted is reviewed by our Exhibition Committee and kept on file to be considered for upcoming exhibitions. If your work fits a particular exhibition you will be notified directly by the Washington Art Association & Gallery.
Proposals Must Include:
- Description of the exhibition
- Proposed exhibition title
- Names of all participating artists
- Representative list of works to be exhibited (including titles)
- Photos of at least 5-10 proposed or representative works to be exhibited
- Pricing list by artist (subject to curatorial negotiation)
- Special requirements (e.g. pedestals for sculpture, floor space for sculpture)
- Artist(s) bio
- Artist(s) statement
Please download the Proposal Form below and include with any work that you wish to submit to the Washington Art Association & Gallery. Proposals should be addressed to the attention of Hugh O’Donnell, WAA Exhibition Chair. Your proposal may be mailed to 4 Bryan Plaza, P.O. Box 173, Washington Depot, CT 06794 or you may email your proposal to email@example.com. Thank you.
The following guidelines will apply to your accepted proposal:
- The Washington Art Association & Gallery will deduct and retain a commission of 40% on all sales made or contracted for during the show, and resulting from contacts made at the show.
- WAA arranges for the design of an e-card, which we send to our extensive mailing list, and which we will also forward to you for your use. There will be an opening with drinks and hors d’oeuvres provided by WAA. WAA might, in some cases, also arrange for an artist talk in the midst of an exhibition’s run.
- The Washington Art Association & Gallery will hang the show at the curator’s discretion. Please make sure that your work is ready for hanging with wires for paintings and framed works. Any work received not ready to hang will not be hung.
- WAA is a membership organization and requires as a final condition of acceptance that exhibiting artists be current members of WAA.
- Work will be insured only while on exhibition at the gallery. WAA will take every possible care in handling work, but is not responsible for any loss or damage to pieces not picked up promptly when the show comes down. If you choose to mail us your work, please insure your property both to and from our gallery, as well as provide us with proper prepaid return shipping label.
Anyone interested in submitting a curatorial proposal to the Washington Art Association & Gallery should send an email containing a general outline of their intention to firstname.lastname@example.org - ATTN: Exhibition Committee.